Vegan Cookie Brownies
I have a MAJOR sweet tooth, so I’m always thinking of healthy sweet treats to bake. This afternoon my mouth was watering thinking about chocolate. A chewy and fudgy brownie is my all time fave dessert! So, I headed to my notes and started creating a recipe that was vegan, low fat, and delicious! Now, I know what you’re going to think when you read the first ingredient in the brownies...but I PROMISE it works! It doesn’t just work, it’s perfection. They create such gooey and fudgy texture! I still haven’t told my husband my secret ingredient to this rich dessert, otherwise he may have turned his nose up to it. However, I’m happy to report he loved them! I whipped up the brownie batter and then thought, “Hey, ya know what would make brownies even better ? Chocolate chip cookies on top!” I’m extra like that...
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
- 15 oz can black beans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup oat flour**
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add beans to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add applesauce, vanilla, and sugar to a stand mixer and blend together.
- Add in beans and blend.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients, except chocolate chips.
- Add dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and blend. Don’t over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Lightly grease baking dish with coconut oil on your finger tips and pour in mix. Or you can use a silicone baking dish, or lime with parchment paper if you wish to omit all oils.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup oat flour**
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp corn starch or arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- Mix together wet ingredients
- In small bowl, mix together try ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Spoon dough on top of brownie mix and gently spread.
**add rolled oats to a high power blender/food processor and blend until the oats are fine flour.
If you’d prefer to do the cookies and brownies separate, then just follow the instructions the same way, except scoop out the dough in a tablespoon and spoon out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 13-15 minutes. Bake the brownies the same as you would with the cookies on top.