Instant Pot Cuban Black Beans
- 16 oz dry black beans
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- 8 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Bay leaf (1-2)
- Salt & pep to taste
- Rinse beans and add to instant pot and cover beans in water about an inch + a half over the beans.
- Add in 4 cloves of minced garlic, ACV, cumin, onion powder, and bay leaf to your instant pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- While your beans cook, dice onions and bell pepper into small pieces.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, and remaining garlic in a skillet on the stove top.
- When the beans are ready, let the pressure release naturally. When you’re able to safely open the lid, add in your remaining ingredients, including salt and pep. Stir and simmer for another 10 minutes before serving. (Can use sauté feature on instant pot, or cover and keep on warm for last 10 minutes.)
- Serve with rice.